Miscellaneous Announcements – 3:40
- 4 SharePoint Development sessions
- Additional theater sessions in expo area
- SharePoint PnP booth with PnP Core Team members
- SharePoint topics in Office Dev pre-day
SPFx, How to get customizations to sites
- To deploy customizations with no script on site you need SPFx so admin has to approve code running on site
- Extensions GA “Pretty Soon”
Demo – Using PnP Provisioning Engine to automate modern site customization deployment with SPFx – 14:07
- Using latest schema can create PnP Provisioning template to enable extensions and web parts
- Must set “skipFeatureDeployment” to true in package-solution.json
- Add package to app catalog
- Can deploy site fields with ClientSideComponentId, the id of the field customizer
- To deploy application customizer, deploy as CustomAction with ClientSideComponentId and ClientSideComponentProperties, location=”ClientSideExtension”
Demo – Controlling OOB site classification in the native provisioning flow – 41:00
- Configuring group classification – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-accessmanagement-groups-settings-cmdlets
- Settings are added to Azure AD but reflected in the new site menu for team sites.
- At the moment, the classification does not change any site behavior, other than showing the classification in the header with link to Usage guideline URL.
- Can retrieve settings through graph call, cannot currently set values through REST but must use PowerShell.
- Selected value can be found in Classification property on the site collection
- Classification can be changed in the API and the edit site information.
Q&A – 56:26
- Extensions on available on classic sites – not currently working on that because of amount of work required to make it work in classic experience
- What’s next after extensions? Polishing and refining the experience
- Can sites be classified if they are created from the SPO Admin Center? Currently no UI for this but can be set through PowerShell or programmatically through site Classification property.